Knowing Where Can I Buy Absinthe?
- An economic way to get the first vintage taste is to create your own Absinthe from top-quality Absinthe essences. The Absinthe Classics Essence kit via AbsintheKit.com just cost $29 and permits you to make 14 bottles of Absinthe (750ml each). The kit also includes a handy measure and 14 bottle labels. The essence is distilled from traditional Absinthe herbs just like wormwood, aniseed and fennel and makes an Absinthe using a thujone content of 35mg per bottle. AbsintheKit furthermore sell 3 other Absinthekits and replicas of antique Absinthe glasses and spoons.
- Learn as much as you are able to about Absinthe so that you know what to find. Websites similar to lafeeverte.net, realabsintheonline.com as well as absinthebuyersguide.com have lots of info on Absinthe as well as reviews.
- Ensure that you buy an Absinthe which contains both wormwood and anise. A few Czech Absinth is anise free and thus doesn't have the distinct anise flavor. There are also plenty of fake or substitute Absinthes for sale which don't comprise wormwood and you also wish to avoid those if you wish to try real Absinthe.
- Shop around and compare costs of Absinthe. Manufacturers who stock many different Absinthes include the UK company Thedrinkshop.com, absintheclassics.com and absinth64.net.
- Buy known brands from reputable distillers who definitely have won awards with regard to their Absinthes and then make a price comparison among suppliers. See below for recognized brands.
Where Can I Buy Absinthe Classics?
Brands that you may want to consider are:-
- Sebor - Sebor Absinth is a Czech Absinth. Authentic Sebor Absinth with 55% worwmood content is only accessible from seborabsinth.com. It is a well-known Czech brand with a great reputation.
- The Jade Collection by Ted breaux. These kinds of Absinthes have won many awards and were made by Ted Breaux who examined and researched vintage Absinthe and genuine recipes to enable him to create his very own vintage style Absinthe. The Jade Collection includes Swiss style Absinthes and French Pernod style Absinthes. An awesome collection. These Absinthes can be obtained from websites such as absintheonline.com.
- La Boheme Absinthe Original - Another Czech Absinthe. This Absinthe draws on a 200 year-old Swiss recipe and it is identified as the best Absinthe. It is actually available to order from originalabsinthe.com.
- La Ptite Absinthe du Val de Travers - A Swiss Absinthe distilled in Couvet, home of Absinthe, from an 1898 recipe. It's a clear La Bleue style Absinthe which is handmade and can therefore be challenging to get hold of. Stock can often be available on absintheclassics.com.
- Absinthe Clandestine - One more Swiss La Bleue style Absinthe. This Absinthe is likewise distilled in Couvet but by Claude-Alain Bugnon, a previous bootleg distiller. It is actually based upon standard La Bleue recipes and uses traditional Absinthe herbs with alpine plants. It is offered by absintheclassics.com.
Absinthe Roquette 1797 - This Absinthe is called after the horse of the renowned creator of Absinthe, Dr Pierre Ordinaire, and is also based upon an eighteenth century recipe. It's distilled in Pontarlier, France, in original nineteenth century alambics. It is available on many sites which includes absintheclassics.com.
Other significant Absinthes are generally Doubs Mystique Carte d'Or, Absinthe Duplais, Lucid (made for the USA) and also the Spanish Absenta Mari Mayans 70.
Figuring out Where Can I Buy Absinthe?