Jewelry Allergies - My Jewelry Makes Me Itch

Allergies to Nickel are quite model baju batik kantorAlmost one in seven people experience an allergic attack to Nickel. So what types of metals should one avoid if they are allergic to Nickel?

, jewelry made from yellow Gold (14 karat and above) usually doesn't cause Dermatitis. Another type of Gold jewelry is Gold-packed or "GF" jewelry. Gold-loaded jewelry metal is created whenever a base metallic is coated with a layer of Gold. This outcomes in a much thicker coating of Gold in relation to Gold-plate jewelry. With Gold-stuffed jewelry, the quantity of Gold contained in the jewelry is between 75-200 times higher in Gold content material than in that of Gold-plated products.

For those that love the appearance of White Gold, but have allergies, Great Silver or Sterling Silver is a great alternative. Good Silver is by definition 99.9% pure Silver. Normally, jewelry is generally not made of Fine Silver because the metal is extremely soft and will not withstand normal wear and tear well. In general, most Silver jewelry is made from Sterling Silver. By definition, SILVER is 92.5% genuine Silver. Copper makes up the remaining 7.5%. To make the Silver stronger, Copper is alloyed with pure Silver. Since Copper is generally used, Sterling Silver is a great metal for Nickel allergic people. For legal reasons, all SILVER must by hallmarked with a .925 symbol. This marking is certainly common on manufactured pieces, but may not be present on artisan jewelry.

Another great choice of metal to consider when you have Nickel allergies, is Copper. Most Copper jewelry doesn't consist of Nickel and is manufactured with 100% Copper. Surgical or Stainless Steel is commonly found in jewelry. As the name implies, Surgical Stainless Steel was designed to be utilized in our body. Conversely, Nickel can be used in Stainless Steel creating to as much as 8 to 12% of the alloy. People with sensitive skin should avoid Stainless Steel in that it does contain a high percentage of Nickel. Another choice "white" metal for those that experience Dermatitis is Platinum. It includes no Nickel and can be chiefly made up of 95% Platinum and 5% Iridium. The last of the "safe" metals is usually Titanium. Titanium is a great steel for jewelry - it's both hypoallergenic and durable. For all those that suffer from Nickel allergic reactions, Titanium jewelry is certainly a sure bet.

Please be aware of these kinds of jewelry and metals when buying in the event that you commonly have skin problems. Nickel is frequently used to make Costume and Fashion jewelry. Style or Costume Jewelry typically consists of high quantities of Nickel or German Silver. German Silver will not contain any Silver. In fact, "Silver" only refers to the color of the steel, and is no way related to steel compostion. The "Silver" appearance of German Silver is a result of melting Nickel, lead, zinc, or tin through the alloying process. If your are worried that your jewelry may consist of Nickel, the ultimate way to determine this would be to get a test kit available online. By asking a few pre-determined questions and doing a little research upfront, you can save both money and time, and still allow be able to wear fashionable jewelry.