Top 10 Reasons Why Staying In A Private Villa Is Better Than A Hotel by Darren Lockie
Top 10 Reasons Why Staying In A Private Villa Is Better Than A Hotel
by: Darren Lockie
Most people have never experienced a vacation in a private, luxury Villa, preferring the glossy brochure resorts and Travel Agency recommendations and sharing the hotel with 300 other strangers.
A Villa offers so many more advantages over a hotel, and below are the top 10 reasons why.
1. Price For a large family or group of friends, a private Villa will work out significantly cheaper that a resort, especially when you consider that a Villa offers complimentary airport transfers, breakfasts, laundry and your own private staff to handle anything you might need. Many Villas offer all Thai meals inclusive, pre-arrival shopping services at market prices, and some even offer a case of chilled beer on arrival.
2. Service All Villas come with private live-in staff and often a daily Villa Manager that speaks fluent English and can help you with renting cars, boat charters, and dive trips and usually at a good discount. No more waiting on room service or getting your laundry in by noon.
3. The Food One of the highlights of staying in a private Villa is the food. Even if the food isnt all inclusive, chances are the Villa will provide a Chef that will cook whatever you want and charge you only the cost of the fresh ingredients. Imagine a poolside BBQ with enough lobster, prawns and fish to feed a small army and the cost is less than an entree at a 5-star resort.
4. Facilities These days most private resorts offer as much, or even more than a 5-star resort Cable TV, free Wi-Fi, DVD players, IPOD docks and fully equipped kitchens, BBQs and more. Many villas have home gymnasiums, saunas, Playstations, pool tables, dart boards and you never have to wait for 2 hours for your turn.
5. Privacy Want to wander your Villa in your bikini or stay in your dressing gown all day? Or listen to your choice of music or watch your DVDs? Or perhaps use the private gymnasium or Home Theaters that many private Villas have. Perhaps another gin and tonic?your call.
6. Location Most Villas are located is beautiful locations, such as beachfront, ocean views, or even on private islands. Villas are usually designed to maximize the outlook with common areas overlooking the best view and bedrooms with views and doors opening to the sea.
7. Luxury These days, the luxury Villa market is very competitive, and to stay relevant, Villas must continually invest in the quality of the furniture and fixtures to provide a level of luxury that you just cant get in most hotels. Most Villas are extremely tasteful and comfortable.
8. Serenity Dont you hate how the pool in a 5-star resort resembles kid soup at about 5pm every day? At a private Villa, some of the best times are the early evening as the sun sets, a gin and tonic by your own pool and some Dean Martin on the BOSE system. Some moments just cant be captured in a glossy brochure or website. This is one of them.
9. Security Most Villas offer a high level of security. Whilst all Villas will have in-room safes, leaving your IPod, laptop, sunglasses or wallet around the Villa is usually not a problem. And at night, windows and doors can stay open. There are always permanent staff on site and usually security guards that monitor outside.
10. Low season In the low season, Villas can offer unbelievable deals, especially if you have a little flexibility in your dates, or you are booking last minute. Sure the weather may show some rain, but it will still be balmy warm. But there are fewer people around, things are cheaper and Its not uncommon to get a 25% - 50% discount on the listed rates in the low seasons so dont take those list prices as fixed.
Villas offer so much more than a resort but many people are nervous about finding and booking a Villa and paying a hefty deposit up front. Many people see so called Villas that are nothing more than a self-catered holiday. Luxury Villas live up to their name and it pays to seek out a qualified agent that is responsive, knowledgeable and offers suggestions and options.
Use the Internet to look around, look at the photos and ask questions of the Villa Owner or agent. A good agent will always listen to your requirements and recommend a perfect Villa for your family or friends. So next vacation, dont wait to check in to your hotel and to your garden view room book a Villa and experience a holiday to remember.
The author can be contacted at [email protected]