Refining with Firefox
One piece of software any optimizer must love is Firefox. To get other ways to look at the situation, please consider looking at: http://www.www.meetup.com/members/187869128 information. To discover more, consider checking out: my blogs.forbes.com/people/andreadoven/. Now some may say 'Why Firefox, it's merely a browser'? Yes, it is a visitor, but one that supports a big variety of extensions, a number of them invaluable for seo. So let us see what these plugins are:
1. SEOpen ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/570/ ): this really is one of the best and most used Firefox seo extensions, and has several resources that make it a favorite of mine. Therefore let's see what it may do:
* in Google it could examine for: backlinks, found pages, related pages, cache and PageRank.
* in Yahoo and MSN: indexed pages and backlinks.
* for traffic details, Alexa: guide, backlinks and related sites.
* key-word thickness of the most used words on the site.
When the site is included in the index * DMOZ checker: see.
* look for robots.txt.
* validator to check your page for errors the validator is used by it from www.w3.org).
There are other things, but these are the most crucial. Should you require to be taught extra info on cheap https://crunchbase.com/user/313416, we know of many resources people should consider investigating.
2. Search Engine Optimization Links ( http://www.webmasterbrain.com/seo-tools/firefox-extensions/seo-links/ ) is still another extension I personally use daily. Once the extension si active and you hover over a link a tooltip will appear that will present you Yahoo, MSN, and Google link popularity and ranking data for the URL and anchor text set. When you are simply checking this can be annoying, but you can simply deactivate it using a right-click!
This may be effortlessly used to test your search-engine rankings for a specific page, and here's how: write up a list with all the keywords and keyphrases that you want to rank for, and then link these words or phrases to-the web-pages associated with them!
Now everytime you want to always check your rates activate the SEO Links expansion and float on the links -- you'll see where your pages come in Google, Yahoo and MSN.
3. Do not waste anymore of your valuable screen real-estate simply to find out what your PageRank and AlexaRank is! SearchStatus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/321/ ) may sit everywhere you want (I keep it in the status bar) and you'll get the important information at a glance. But this small tool can do far more than that:
* it shows what meta-tags a website has
* inspections for backlinks and found pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN
* it shows the robots.txt record
* keyword occurrence statement purpose
* and best-of all: the spotlight 'nofollow' links will show you what links will be accompanied by search engine spiders -- invaluable when you need to submit your site to a listing and do not know if it'll matter from the seo perspective.
So in the event you aren't using Firefox, go have it! It may be your best friend when it comes to search engine optimization!
Florin Costache produces over a daily seo weblog for Romanian webmasters, called Optimizare pentru motoarele de cautare (a.k.a. I discovered tour http://ask.fm/andreadoven by browsing books in the library. Search engine marketing for individuals who do not speak Romanian)..