Business Start-Ups: Choosing a Company Name
Choosing a company name is a vitally essential job for any new venture. Right here are 5 suggestions to help you via the process:
1. Consider Search engine optimization Implications - The name of your company is most most likely going to be your URL. Because URLs are impactful to Search engine optimization, you might want to strategize your name around your target keywords. This is particularly essential if your company relies heavily on search-engine-driven ecommerce.
2. Function vs. Flair - Especially if you want a name that goes hand in hand with your Search engine optimization efforts, chances are you will finish up selecting some thing functional. For instance, for my advertising consulting company, I could have selected marketingconsultingfirm.com to optimize my url for Seo. That stated, understanding the key phrases "marketing" and "consulting" are highly competitive terms to rank for, and that my business would rely most heavily on networking and referrals, I opted for a company name that emphasized branding. Choosing The Fresh Basil, Inc. was developed to be memorable, catchy, easy to say and branded around my name, Charlie Basil. I chose flair over function understanding that as my company grows, I can compartmentalize my company units as person companies with functional business names and URLs. For instance, if my Search engine optimization company continues to thrive, I may produce a separate identity just for that service and name it some thing like, expertseofirm.com (although I'm pretty particular that name is taken). That way, I can take optimize for search engine rankings for specialized services, whilst maintaining my well branded corporate identity.
3. Word of Mouth Implications - Even in the age of online social networking, word of mouth is still the most potent tool a brand can leverage. I like to take that considering to the subsequent level when crafting a brand name. Think about how nicely the words roll off the tongue. Does the pronunciation have a great rhythm? Are the words familiar and easy to communicate? When talking to a friend, will a customer have to repeat himself when sharing the name of your brand or web site? Select a name that has a ring to it and is simple to pass along with the spoken word.
whats in a tagline
4. Stuck? Crowd Source It - If you have exhausted yourself brainstorming and still haven't found a name you're thrilled about, consider crowd sourcing. Crowd sourcing is the act of sharing your business idea with an on-line community and asking for name suggestions. You will obtain a flurry of submissions. You just might get 1 you adore. If not, you surely will come away with a lot of kindling to stoke another round of brainstorming with a fresh point of view.
5. Verify URL Availability - Prior to you are too far along in deciding your name, be certain to search for url availability. Generally, I like to do this in the very beginning of the process to get a really feel for availability of urls in my niche. A simple GoDaddy.com search for possible urls will paint a great picture. As I get closer to locking down a name, I'll zero in on 5 powerful options and their variants (i.e.