Hobbies :: Six Fun Ideas to Use Shadow Box Frames
Do you have a special keepsake or souvenir that you want to share with others and keep protected? Then, a shadow box picture frame is the perfect framing solution.
Shadow box frames allow you to create a unique and personal display of your keepsakes. Imagine your pictures from birthdays, school memories, graduations or any other special event being displayed with special keepsakes in a shadow box frame. A child's accomplishments, like special school awards, medals or artwork make a wonderful shadow box display. Shadow box frames can be placed on a table top surface or hung on a wall for an eye catching display.
Shadow box frames come in a wide variety of colors, shapes, sizes and depths to accommodate almost anything you want to display. They come in a variety of standard colors like white, walnut, blue, green, red and basic black colored frames. A standard ready made shadow box can be found in either a rectangular or square frame shape with depths ranging from " to 1 ". You can also have a shadow box frame custom made if you want a unique shape or depth (up to 7" deep). Custom shadow box frames can be made to hold collector plates, flags, sports jerseys and memorabilia and just about anything else.
Shadow box frames allow you to display your special pictures or unique collectibles while protecting them from damage. There are many items that are great for displaying in a shadow box frame. All you need is a little bit of creativity and you'll find lots of ideas for using shadow boxes. Here are a few ideas you can do with using a ready made shadow box frame:
1. Post major news events that touched your life. Maybe you or someone you care about was highlighted in a newspaper for something special. You could display the news clipping in a shadow box, along with any other tokens of that achievement.
2. Do you have a treasured collection hidden away in a box? Any small collectibles go nicely in a shadow box frame and will help protect your collection from dust and damage. This could be an old spoon collection, letter openers, political pins, and just about any other small collectible item.
3. Are you proud of your flower garden? Save those gorgeous blooms by drying them and placing them in a shadow box frame for all to enjoy. Preserve your garden indoors with a display that will blend with any decor.
4. You can proudly frame athletic accomplishments whether they're your awards or your kids. Medals and ribbons shouldn't be hidden away in a box but should be displayed proudly.
5. Are you an ocean lover or beachcomber? You can show off those beautiful shells you have collected over the years. A shadow box display of your shell collection will bring a smile to your face when you think back to all your special trips to the ocean.
6. Have you collected sports memorabilia from a specific team or event? Show off your team spirit with a shadowbox frame display. How about a special concert you attended? If you collected memorabilia from a favorite recording artist, protect it and display it in a shadow box frame.
A shadow box frame is a great way to display and protect any photos and keepsakes that are important to you. If it is special enough for you to collect and save it, dont hide it away. Display your mementos and memories in a shadow box so you can be regularly reminded of those special times.
Click here for more.