Things To Interest A First-time Home Buyer
Buying a home is an exciting time, and it feels great to have a place to call home! No more noisy neighbors or landlords bothering you for rental checks that build no equity. You achieved the American dream of home ownership and you finally made it! While the benefits of having a home are great, there is another side to home ownership you need to know about. Prior to making an offer on a new home, here are a few questions you want your real estate realtor Green Bay Wito ask when considering purchasing a new home!
Like any other type of trade, buyers want to minimize their costs while sellers want to maximize their profits. It goes without saying that you worked hard to save for you home, and you need to be aware of costs you might not have anticipated. Here are a few of those questions you should ask about the house;
1. How much the seller owes on the house? Usually when sellers ask for amounts lesser than what they owe, they will be subjecting you to a short sale. This can be a very long and complex negotiation involving the bank.
2. What is the assessed value, or tax value of the home, and how much they paid for the home? This is all public record and easily accessible. Their profit is none of your concern. However, it helps to know if the propertys value has increased or decreased.
3. How long did they have the home, and if they havent owned it long why are they selling? Is there a problem with the house or neighborhood?
4. Do your homework and find out the cost of similar houses within the area. In fact, banks will rely on comparable sales to determine the value of the mortgage you will receive.
5. What are the crime stats and other important information you want to know about the neighborhood before you buy?
6. Also ask for water bills and other utility bills. Your home might not be insulated for winter, and you could be paying thousands of dollars to heat the outside.
Issues related to the condition of the home
Cheap houses for sale Green Bay Wi could in reality become the most expensive house you will ever buy. Make sure you read the real estate disclosure form to make ensure there are not any structural defects, and make sure you have a home inspection, with the option to have the seller fix the problems or allow you to back out of the deal if the costs of repair are too high. To avoid a money pit, ask the following questions;
1. What kind of foundation is the house built on, and are there, or have there been, any issues with the foundation including water damage or any leakage. Is it a full basement, slab, or crawl space? If its a crawl space, was it correctly ventilated to prevent mold? Also, are there any structural cracks in the outside brick or stress crack by the corners of doors and windows?
2. When were the appliances replaced? This is important because older appliances might be too old to repair and they cost more to operate.
3. How is the attic? Is there enough insulation, are there any mice or animals living up there, or is it properly vented so you do not get dry rot or mold? Is the attic properly braced to prevent roof sagging?
By: Vikram Kumar
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com
It is good to identify with a real estate Realtor Green Bay WI . They will answer some of your questions in order to get cheap houses for sale Green Bay Wi . You should know the cost of similar houses within the area, profits to be earned from the sale, the foundation of the house and information about the appliances among other things.
For more information click here.