That nagging nasal allergy!
Achoo..Achoo…! How often do you sneeze in a day? How persistent your cold is? Is your nose is always runny and itchy? If this happens every now and then with you, it’s a right time for you sought treatment for your nasal allergy.
Nasal allergy also known as allergic rhinitis is a group of symptoms that affect your nose causing you to incessantly sneeze, itchiness and have a runny nose. Nasal allergies occur when you inhale something that you’re allergic to, such as pollen, pet dander, dust mites or outdoor molds.
Allergic rhinitis is also called as hay fever when it is caused by pollens and other outdoor particles. There are two categories of allergic rhinitis. One is a seasonal nasal allergy that occur during the specific time of the year, especially when trees release pollens. Another is a perennial nasal allergy that can occur throughout the year. The discomfort that comes along with nasal allergy impact a person’s the quality of daily life. Hence, seeking treatment, following some self-care tips and avoiding allergy triggers are necessary to prevent frequent bouts of allergy.
Allergy triggers of nasal allergy
Some of the common allergens that cause nasal allergy to continue with sufferers for a longer duration which are:
House dust mites
Strong odors such as perfumes
Smoke or industrial fumes
Extremely irritating symptoms of nasal allergies include nasal congestion, watery eyes, itchy nose, ear, throat and eyes, runny nose, blocked ears, eyelid swelling, cough and sinus headaches. Such symptoms can make you extremely distracted and you may lose concentration on work. Plus you can have additional missed days at work or school impacting your performance. Hence, taking treatment should become an utmost priority.
Treatment and self-care tips
You should be very regular with your medications to relieve allergy symptoms. Allegra is an antihistamine drug that relieve most of the allergy symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose, itchiness of the eyes and nose, sneezing and reduces nasal congestion. Allegra is used to treat seasonal allergies such as hay fever in adults as well as children. Hence, be regular with your medications to get rid of the discomfort caused by allergies. Apart from that avoid your allergy triggers and for that you can limit your exposure to them by following these self-care tips.
- Frequently clean your house to remove dust and dust mites. Twice in a month you can wash bed sheets, curtains, and upholstery in warm water.
- Do not let molds grow in places like washrooms and toilets and even the backyard of your house as they need warm, dark places to grow. Keep the windows open and let the air play in your house.
- Limit your outdoor activities when the pollen count is high. Rather you can avoid going out when pollens are high in the air.
- Keep the access of your four-legged friends limited in the house; especially do not let them in your bedroom.
- Remove wooden furniture and carpets from the house that may develop dust mites.