Protesters demand compensation for China blasts amid chemical clean-up | Reuters
TIANJIN, China Hundreds of residents displaced by huge explosions last week in the Chinese port of Tianjin demanded compensation on Monday, as authorities worked to complete a sweep of the blast site for dangerous chemicals.
The death toll from the two blasts last on Wednesday rose to 114, officials said. More than 700 people were injured high rise window cleaning and 70 are missing, most of them fire fighters, the official Xinhua news agency said.
The explosions sent fireballs high into the sky and hurled flaming debris across the world's 10th-largest port, burning out buildings and shattering windows kilometers away.<