Simple Ways to Let the Natural You Shine Through
Beauty trends come and go, but there are some very simple things you can be doing to look your best.
These guidelines will also help keep you feeling great, and most of them take just minutes a day.
Here are 8 basic beauty tips:
1. Schedule regular haircuts. Even if your hair is long, you want to keep the ends trimmed, so it looks healthy and vibrant and not scraggly and dull.
If you color your hair, consider going back to a shade closer to your natural color or returning to your natural hue altogether. The coloring of your skin and brows is probably perfectly suited for your natural hair color, and your natural color may really help the natural you shine through.
2. Do a quick exfoliation. Visit your favorite cosmetics counter for an exfoliant or make a simple sugar scrub for yourself. Use it to get rid of dead skin on hands, elbows and feet. Then slather on your favorite lotion.
3. Treat yourself to a pedicure. There's nothing like getting your toes done. A pedicure is a spa treat that, often, is actually worth the price. Find a technician you love who uses products you love and who will spend some extra time on the foot massage. Tip well and return often.
4. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. Read the online reviews and ask your friends for recommendations on body and facial moisturizers that are best suited for your particular climate. Once you find a product you love, buy it in bulk from your favorite online merchant and moisturize frequently. Silky smooth skin feels so luxurious and will make you feel more beautiful the whole day through.
5. Drink lots of water. Just as you hydrate your skin, you will need to hydrate your body. When you drink plenty of water, your body becomes more energized and your skin takes on a new quality. Drink your 8 glasses a day and see if you don't notice a healthy glow.
6. Get plenty of sleep. When you aren't refreshed, it will show in everything you do. Make it a priority to get the shuteye you need. Try keeping a sleep journal to discover the optimal amount for you.
7. Exercise. Spend some time outside, doing an activity you love. Your body will thank you for it, and you will feel happier. A genuine happy smile is the foundation of true beauty.
8. Work Peels on feeling comfortable in your own skin. Sometimes, we think beauty comes from the clothes we wear, but it's much deeper than that. It really has more to do with how comfortable we feel with ourselves. Practice gratitude and work on your confidence.