Dealing with Hot Flashes: A few ways to relief
The hot flashes are common problem at the end of menstrual cycle of women. About 75% of women, during menopause, face this situation. Though not essentially hazardous to health, they can be awfully painful. Most often the quality of life is interfered with when they occur recurrently. As the name suggests, the symptom involves agonizing sensations of heat that extend throughout the upper part of the body and face. In addition, the red blotches might occur along with the flushing. The women may suffer additional symptoms like rapid heartbeat and profuse sweating.
Because of the painful sensation of flushing, women may, suffer from insomnia as their sleep is frequently interfered with. Unfortunately, lots of women, being desperate of the agony, gladly take either antidepressants or synthetic hormones, considering them the only way to get out of the conditions. But, this is not the solution. Before taking any quick decisions, women should know a few ways that will give them relief from the problem.
Following a few tips might help you save from the misery of hot flashes before it goes beyond the level of tolerance.
- Whenever you feel that flash is approaching, drink some cold water. It might feel lowering the body temperature.
- Take food very carefully. Avoid spicy and hot food. Also avoid caffeinated drinks and alcohol that contain highly stimulating effect.
- Anxiety over the problem, actually worsen the condition. The practice of yoga and meditation, and breath deeply to calm down your mind and body.
- Put on clothing layers. When the problem arises, peel one of the layers to minimize it.
- The problem can be successfully managed by consuming flax seeds, soya, mild sedatives, herbal remedies etc.
- Always keep some clothes ready in ice-cold. Taking out of the freezer, place clothes around your neck to get speedy relief.
- Finally, shed a few pounds that will alleviate or even remove the problem of flashing.