Al Lamb's Dallas Honda, San Diego Round 6 Supercross 2015
Racing to the end of the horizon for bagging the victory home
Team Honda has successfully clinched an astonishing performance at the sixth round of Super-cross series. Amongst the riders, Trey Canard seemed to be the most impressive as he clinched top spot at all three of the 450SX main event’s 20 laps. In San Diego, the Oklahoman sowed a performance of excellent race craft. The winner had to come from the front and at the first turn, in spite of having a mediocre leap from the entrance which eventually gifted a lead to sustain against the constant challenges from Ken Roczen. At the second heat, Cole Seely clinched the top spot. On the other hand, Eli Tomac of GEICO Honda bagged the top position, marking the red riders as unstoppable, on the first heat race. However, in the main event, Tomac and Seely stood sixth and fifth respectively.
Triumph of Canard was actually his second victory of the season, while his first victory came at the fourth round at Oakland. Honda CRF 450Rs successfully reached the top in 50% of the races for the season so far – thanks to the 2nd round win of Tomac in Phoenix.
- In the year of 2015, eight episodes of ‘behind the dream’ will be telecasted by the Fox sports. In this show, along with its riders, Team Honda HRC will be showcased. Riders, like Cole Seely and Tray Canard will be showcased on the show. The show is known for providing an insider look to the lifestyles of various elite sports teams and individuals. Producer and director of the show met both the riders on last Tuesday. Probably the making of the show was discussed by them.
- Just before the military appreciation race that will be held on this Saturday, Seely and Canard were spotted to spend time with the naval officers of a nearby Navy base. A Tarawa-Class amphibious assault ship was actually the base of Navy and the two riders took a tour of the ship. While exploring the ship, riders came across the flight deck, anchor room, mess hall and various other parts of the ship. Sailors did not miss the opportunity to clinch autographs from their favorite riders.
- With an increase of Honda Racing Corporation’s participation, efforts of super cross’s of Honda’s AMA were met successfully. HRC vice president Shuhei Nakamoto will host the 6th round and he already got warm welcome from Team Honda HRC. After receiving the warm welcome gestures, Mr. Nakamoto also met media personnel at the hospitality rig of the team. Mr. Nakamoto said that the dream of HRC is nothing but winning all the championships. He also mentioned that the present series is truly important and thus, heavy activities can be noted.
- Both Seely and Canard managed to get in the 2nd heat at San Diego. Right after the commencing of the race, both riders of Honda HRC were spotted to be amongst the front pack. While Canard managed to hold third spot, Seely took a long leap by holding the first spot. They finished the race with the aforementioned positions and finally got direct entry to the final level.
- In the key event, best lap of Canard was 55.568. It made him to be the only rider, who managed to hold the range of 55 sec.
- Just after entering San Diego, Canard got third spot in the point standing. With his position, he ensured a sole win, lagging Ryan Dungey by 18 pints. Tomec got the fourth spot, while Seely took a long jump to the fifth spot of the championship standing.
- Team Honda riders only got a petite week for the preparation for the championship, though they did extremely well. Before going to Texas and Arlington round, they also need to appear at the press day on Thursday. Canard and Seely will obviously enjoy the event. They will even visit for autograph session on Friday at DFW Honda.