8 Trick to ensure Refinishing Your Dark Wood Kitchen Cabinets Modern Picture With Floor
You know that it's frequently much more affordable to refinish your old cabinets than to get brand-new ones if you've gone shopping for brand-new kitchen cabinets just recently. Here are 8 suggestions that will make your kitchen cabinet refinishing a huge success.
1. If your cabinets are repainted, eliminate the paint with a chemical stripper. If your cabinets are stained or varnished, either clean the surface well or remove the majority of the stain or varnish with a chemical refinisher.
2. Take the doors off your cabinets and remove the handles and hardware. If you lay the doors flat to work on them, it will be much simpler.
3. Examine to see just how much damage there is to the cabinets. If there is just small damage, such as dark discolorations around the door deals with, simply clean these locations. Make use of a synthetic steel wool pad since it won't harm your fingers or get captured on the wood grain.
4. Dip the pad in paint thinner, mineral spirits, or turpentine, and scrub the discolorations. Then lightly scrub the entire surface, cleaning and dulling it so the brand-new surface will stick.
5. When you've cleaned the surface area and got rid of the dark discolorations, wipe on an oil-based, clear surface such as Minwax. All clear finishes are most and low-odor are offered in either shiny or satin finish. Use several coats for a thicker surface.
6. If you discover you have to redo more than just a couple of stained areas, use a chemical refinisher - a strong solvent cleaner that dissolves and eliminates part of the old varnish. Ask an expert at your regional paint shop to recommend a great quality refinisher.
7. When you're using the chemical refinisher, work in small locations, and scrub the surface with a synthetic steel wool pad. The chemical refinisher will eliminate the finish and even out the color of the wood and stain. Wash the pad in more refinisher when it gets clogged with filthy surface.
8. The cabinet's surface area need to be smooth and uniformly colored after you've scrubbed the entire surface area. If you discover it isn't really, simply wipe the entire cabinet in long, overlapping strokes with clean refinisher and clean steel wool in long, overlapping strokes. The dark brown kitchen cabinets pictures majority of the stain color will stay, and the wood will be extremely smooth.
When you're refinishing your cabinets, it's very vital that you put on protective clothes and make sure that your work location is well-ventilated. And do not forget to follow all security preventative measures on the refinishing item labels.
By following the 8 tips above, you're sure to enjoy your newly-refinished, gorgeous kitchen cabinets for years.