Some Warning Signs Of Hep C In Easy To Understand Language
Your liver plays a significant role in getting rid of waste from your system and helping you make use of nutrients from the food you eat. When the liver is damaged, grave consequences may happen. A prevalent reason for major deterioration of the liver is Hepatitis C.
What is Hepatitis C you may ask? Hepatitis C caused by a viral infection.
How Does A Person Get Hepatitis ?
- Sharing needles while injecting illegal substances
- Using unsanitary equipment when applying a tattoo or body piercing
- Contamination from contact with infectious blood products, medical equipment or other unsterilized medical tools. This is common for medical professionals
- Receiving a blood transfusion prior to
- Sexual relations with many companions while not utilizing condoms
- Past STD infections
- People that have been diagnosed with HIV or AIDS
It should be noted that it is not easy to spread Hepatitis C to others. Simple contact, a kiss, a sneeze or cough, sharing eating utensils or infant feeding do not transmit the disease.
Symptoms of Hep
Most individuals that are infected with Hepatitis C don't show any signs or symptoms. Indeed a diagnosis for Hepatitis C can be made 10-20 years after you've first contracted the disease. But, many who do develop signs attributed to Hepatitis C frequently experience flu-like symptoms. These signs may be:
Nausea or little appetite
Pain in the stomach
Skin irritation and itching
Urine that is dark in color
Yellow skin or eyes
Diagnosing Hepatitis C
If you have been told you have Hepatitis C, it is beneficial not to panic. A variety of medications are available to fight HCV and cure the infection permanently. Make certain to discuss treatment options with your doctor including two new Hepatitis C drug treatments that have come on the scene most recently.
Sometimes, Hepatitis C may become a prolonged condition that clears up on its own and then recurs over and over.