Research and Markets: Hemostasis and Thrombosis in Obstetrics and Gynecology - Reproductive Hemostasis: A Global Approach to a Global Challenge
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b774c0/hemostasis_and_thr) has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Hemostasis and Thrombosis in Obstetrics and Gynecology" to their offering.
Reproductive hemostasis: A global approach to a global challenge
A hemostatic change in women through their reproductive lifetime is emerging as an issue of global importance. No wonder, as obstetric hemorrhage remains a major cause of maternal mortality in both developed and developing countries. Thrombophilias and pulmonary embolisms are a threat to maternal and fetal well-being.
Hemostasis and Thrombosis in Obstetrics & Gynecology provides a framework for assessing and managing hemostatic disorders in women. Written by an international team, it provides globally applicable guidelines for obstetric hematology.
The practical approach to clinical management includes:
Hematologic changes in pregnancy Red cell disorders Platelet disorders Inherited and acquired thrombophilia Inherited bleeding disorders Postpartum hemorrhage
Blood and bleeding disorders in women can be managed by obstetrician-gynecologists or hematologists, separately or together. Hemostasis and Thrombosis in Obstetrics & Gynecology provides specialists from both disciplines with the information necessary to manage their patients effectively
Key features of the book include:
Outlines current understanding and clinical practice concerning haemostasis and thrombosis, for obsteritcs and gynecology, in both developed and developing world situations Written by experts in both women's health and haemostasis/thrombosis to ensure expertise from both disciplines is integrated Contemporary coverage of hemato-obstetric disorders Science and management integrated with uniformed approach to each chapter Summary boxes: 'key trials, what to do in an emergency, key clinical must-do steps
Key Topics Covered:
1. Hematologic Changes in Pregnancy (Michael J. Paidas & Nazli Hossain)
2. Red Cell Disorders (Tahir S. Shamsi)
3. Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn (Tahir S. Shamsi, Nazli Hossain & Michael J. Paidas)
4. Maternal and Fetal Thrombocytopenia (Michael J. Paidas & Nazli Hossain)
5. Inherited and Acquired Thrombophilia in Obstetrics (Michael J. Paidas, Christina S. Han, Nazli Hossain, and Charles J. Lockwood)
6. Anticoagulant Therapy During Pregnancy and Gynecology (Marc A. Rodger & Genevieve Le Templier)
7. Inherited Bleeding Disorders in Obstetrics (Nazli Hossain & Michael J. Paidas)
8. Inherited Bleeding Disorders in Gynecology (Nazli Hossain & Michael J. Paidas)
9. Postpartum Hemorrhage (Nazli Hossain, Jens Langhoff-Roos & Michael J. Paidas)
10. Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (Nazli Hossain & Michael J. Paidas)
11. Transfusion of Blood and Blood Products in Obstetrics (Tahir S. Shamsi & Nazli Hossain)
Michael Paidas, MD, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Nazli Hossain, MBBS, FCPS, Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi, Pakistan
Tahir Shamsi, MBBS, FRCP, National Institute of Blood Disorders, Karachi, Pakistan
Marc Rodger, MD, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, Ottawa, Canada
Jens Langhoff-Roos, MD, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Charles Lockwood, MD, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b774c0/hemostasis_and_thr