Hepatitis C Is Much More Widespread Than You Think
Your liver plays an important part in removing harmful toxins from your body and allowing you to utilize the nutrition in the food you eat. When the liver is damaged, grave consequences may result. A prevalent cause for serious liver deterioration is Hepatitis C.
What is Hepatitis C you might want to know? Hepatitis C that results from infection by a virus.
How Does One Become Afflicted With Hep C ?
- Sharing needles while injecting illegal substances
- The use of dirty equipment while getting tattoos or piercings on the body
- Infection from contact with infected blood products, medical equipment or other unsterilized medical tools. This is most prevalent among doctors or nurses
- Blood transfusions received before
- Sexual relations with many partners while not using condoms
- Prior sexually transmitted diseases
- Individuals who are infected with AIDS or HIV
Please note that the spread of Hepatitis C is not easy. Casual contact, kissing, sneezing or cough, sharing eating utensils or breastfeeding do not transmit the disease.
Symptoms of Liver Disease
Many people who are infected with Hepatitis C don't suffer any signs or symptoms. Indeed a diagnosis for Hepatitis C can be made 10-20 years after you have first contracted the virus. But, many who do develop signs from Hepatitis C frequently feel as if they have the flu. These signs may include:
Nausea or little appetite
Yellow skin or eyes
Hepatitis C Diagnosis
When you have been told you have Hepatitis C, it's beneficial to stay calm. A multitude of medications are available to retard the progression of the virus and even to eliminate it completely. Make sure to discuss medications with your doctor as well as 2 new Hepatitis C drug treatments that have been approved by the FDA most recently.
Disease Of The Liver Somplications
Sometimes, Hepatitis C can become a chronic condition that goes away by itself and then comes back at regular times.