Do you want help with your visa application?

This guest post was written by the team at the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority.

If you need help with your visa application, you can choose to use a registered migration agent.

In Australia, people who provide immigration help must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (the Authority). It is against the law for anyone who is not a registered migration agent to give immigration advice. We also encourage overseas agents to become registered.

Watch our video about getting help to apply for an Australian visa

To find a registered migration agent in your location or check if an agent is registered, search the agents register at or call 1300 226 272.

If you are living outside Australia you can use an agent who is located in Australia and contact them by email or telephone.

using a registered migration agent protects youthey must:have a good and up-to-date knowledge of Australias immigration law and proceduresgive you accurate advicehave high professional and ethical standardsact in your interest.

For tips on choosing a registered migration agent and how to make the most of their services, read

Your rightstips for using a registered migration agenton the Authoritys website. This document is available in 30 languages on the bottom of each page of our website.

You dont have to use a migration agent to lodge a visa application. Information about Australian visas, including how to apply is available on the departments website at

If you dont feel confident, or if your case is complex, you can use a registered migration agent to:

find out what visa may suit you bestobtain advice about documents to support your applicationhelp fill out visa application formsprepare a case in support of your applicationsubmit an application and communicate with the department on your behalf