How to Blend Paint Pigments For The Best Effect
Paint pigments are dry powdery substances, incorporated to base paint mediums to produce any shade conceivable for use to the surface of your preference. The base mediums are fluids that perform as a hauler for the paint pigments, offering a fluid to extend the pigment over a surface and fix it there. Not like a dye, paint pigments don’t liquefy into the medium, rather it dissolves throughout the fluid, remaining as minute compounds. To find an even level of distribution, the pigment for paint should first be blended into a solution that unites the medium effortlessly. This prevents clustering of the pigments which would otherwise produce unevenly shaded paints. So, let’s have a look at how to blend paint pigments:
- Blend the pigment in an equally measured solution of methyl alcohol and water until you develop a taste of the blend for incorporating pigments to the water-based painting mediums. Employ a sanitized, wooden stirrer to blend the pigments. Make sure the blend is evenly shaded throughout, since this is a sign that the pigment is prepared fully and ready for use.
- Blend the pigments with a solvent of the equal volume if incorporating to an alcohol-based, solvent-based or oil-based painting mode instead; utilizing the solvent that is well-matched with the exact medium you’ve in mind.
- Merge diverse pigments to accomplish a color blend, employing ready-made techniques, or experimenting with blending proportions yourself to acquire the color wanted. Sustain the overall pigment to water ratios while blending through, to make it simpler to unite the finished pigment blend with the paint mode.
- Dispense the paint mode base that you want to employ into a container, white base is ideal for acquiring the best effect of the added pigments.
- Put in the pigment blend to the base medium, blending the 2 with the wooden stirrer until mixed completely. Scrutinize the paint blend for any concentrations of shade, then carry on blending until all indications of color separation in the blend are vanished. Employ the blended paint as quickly as feasible, or cap the paint container firmly for later use.
So, these are the methods you should follow strictly when looking to mix paint pigments for the best possible effect. If you want to buy the best pigments for coating or paint, then get in touch with WC Manufacturing, an industry leader in producing specialty pigments and aqueous pigment dispersions. So, feel free to call us now!