multilayer pcb and All About Membrane Switch.
All About Membrane Switch. A Membrane Switch is an electrical button that is used to turn a circuit on and off. The circuit is is generally printed on Indium tin oxide (ITO), Polyester, or Polyethylene terephthalate (PET), it is typically different from a mechanical switch which is made from plastic, metal and copper.
Components of A Membrane Switch:
A typical Membrane Switch has the following layers:
* Graphic overlay with subsurface print
* ESD shielding layer
* Top spacer
* Top circuit
* Bottom adhesive
Membrane Switches are manufactured by screen printing the circuit directly on plastic. The ink that is used for screen printing contains silver, graphite, carbon, or copper, and thus is conductive. The simple, versatile and economical design is what that makes Membrane Switches a superior alternative to mechanical switches.
Features of Membrane Switches
Below mentioned are some of the common features of different types of Membrane Switches:
* Easy To Use Interface: Unlike conventional power on/off mechanism, http://www.rigid-flex-pcb.com/ Membrane Switches are placed on a flat panel. The flatness offers ease of usage to the user.
* Easy To Maintain: Membrane Switches are resistant to moisture, abrasion and rust, and can easily be cleaned.
* Longevity: The average life of a Membrane Switch is around 500,000 to 5,000,000 actuations, which is comparatively higher than that of conventional switches.
* Flexibility In Terms Of Design and Color: Membrane Switches are reliable, attractive and have a customizable user interface. They can be modified to suit any specific shape, color and brand.
* Shielding: Membrane Switches provide excellent protection against electrostatic discharge ESD. An inner layer of the switch assembly can be used to take discharges to the ground. In addition to this, the printed shield layer can be tailored to suit any unique application and provides optimum shielding effect and restricts unwanted interference from incoming or outgoing signals.
* Seal: Water, moisture or chemical entering the switch is one of the biggest threats to any switch cavity. With a seamless design, Membrane Switches are resistant to water and chemical spillage. The sealed Membrane Switches also provide highly visible indication.
Uses of Membrane Switches
Membrane Switches are used in a wide variety of consumer products as well as many industrial applications. Household appliances such as microwaves, electric stoves, etc. have Membrane Switches. In addition, the use of Membrane Switches can be observed in vending machines, kiosks, jogging machines, gasoline pumps etc. In Industries, the use of Membrane Switches can be observed in control panels.
With knowledge and experience in designing high quality products at an affordable price, RSP Inc. offers only precision-engineered PCB Switches, Custom Membrane Switches, Silicone Rubber Keypad, http://www.rigid-flex-pcb.com/ Membrane Switches and Keypads, Touch Screens, Wire Harnesses, etc. For more information, please feel free to visit http://www.ronpcb.com/ .