Relocation can turn out to be a major chaos if you don't have the right professionals take care of things. Finding the best local moving company for your office move involves two simple steps - asking for recommendations, scrutinizing profiles of moving leads providers on the internet. So what are you going to look for? Read our checklist and initiate a smooth relocation.
Office moving check list:
· When appointing a company you should first clarify things as -
· Who is packing the things for your office move?
· Who's providing the materials for packing - cartoons, seals and labels?
· Who is handling storage?
· Who will pay the custom duties, if required?
· Make sure you are covered either by your personal insurance or by the company's Replacement value protection deal.
· Before you move, make sure that the destination is ready to accommodate materials that you are moving from your last office
· Clarify payment modes, inquire about refunds, extra charges and other liabilities
· It is very important to catalogue all items and tag them with specific numbers. Retain a copy of the catalogue so that you can check and tally with the mover's company to see if all items have arrived & are in order or not.
· Provide the mover's team with a precise floor plan so that they know exactly where to put the furniture and other office belongings.
· Get prior parking permits for the moving vans.
· Ask someone to supervise the unloading, moving and shifting of office materials.
· Carry all valuables, and important items with you. Take back up for all files stored in the PC.
Well these were some of the points that you couldn't miss when organizing your office move. But there is more to office moving than just creating a checklist for the moving company. You also got to lay equal attention to things that you need to avoid when selecting a company that helps with relocation.
What you need to avoid, when selecting a moving company to help move your office?
Moving an office is a daunting task. There may be valuables, machines and most importantly great many important files which you do not want to lose. Therefore you need a good moving company manager who will take responsibility to move things in an orderly manner. So the first thing that you need to avoid is appointing contracted laborers, people who are not full-time employees of any company.
Second and most importantly do not go for a moving company which does not offer insurance when moving your office stuff from one place to another. In case something goes missing you won't be able to claim insurance and get reimbursed for your losses.
Also avoid moving companies that does not have a Workers' Compensation Board Certificate. Such companies will claim compensation charge from you in case any employee receives injuries during the move.