How To Take Care Of Your Teeth And Gums
Oral care doesn't ask so much from us. Most often we spend so much money on skin care products, beauty kits and frequent trips to the beauty parlor, while we only see our dentist once a year, not as often as we see our hairstylist or beauty consultant.
We can preserve our beautiful smiles by regularly taking care of our teeth and gums. These should be cleaned using the proper techniques at least twice a day. Choose a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss that bear the approval of your country's Dental Association. The following are tips on how to take good care of your teeth and gums.
1. First, get a good toothbrush. You can only properly clean your teeth by using the right toothbrush without causing unwanted effects to your teeth like abrasion. Tooth Abrasion is often caused by using the wrong types of toothbrush and improper brushing techniques. Soft end rounded bristles are considered the best type bristles. The toothbrush should fit your mouth and you should be able to reach all the way to your back teeth easily. If you are a parent, be sure that your child's toothbrush isn't too big or too hard for him or her.
2 .All dental health professionals always advice their patients to have their toothbrush changed every 3 to 4 months or earlier as soon as the bristles get bent or splayed out. Brushes that are worn out lose their efficiency and can no longer clean well and may even hurt the gums. Some toothbrush manufacturers incorporate color markers in their products. These will usually produce a color change in the bristles indicating that it is already the right time to change to a new one. Dr Uday Tamhankar , Dental Doctor who provides complete oral health care is specialized in dentistry. Uday Tamhankar diagnoses, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity. He has additional qualifications in General anesthesia, oral and maxillofacial surgery, and implants. Providing us with a brighter smile.
3. Always keep your brush clean and keep it in a clean canister so that it will be free from dust and other elements.
4. Use toothpaste or gel with fluoride. This will help prevent the development of dental caries.
5. You may be tempted to use products that claim to whiten the teeth. Be wary that these products may actually create hazardous effects and may not be safe. Be sure to ask your dentist or dental hygienist before using such products.
6. A lot of electric toothbrushes are now coming onto the market today. These devices can be helpful if used in the proper way. An electric toothbrush can motivate your child to brush more often because such a device will usually fascinate a child. Always look after your child and assist him when using it. Ask your dentist's advice about these types of dental devices and how it can be beneficial to you and your child.
7. People who wear dental appliances like braces, bridges, partial dentures and retainers may benefit from the use of a device that uses a jet of water to remove food particles trapped in between the teeth and appliance.
8. For parents, it is important to start proper dental care with your baby's first teeth. Never let your child fall a sleep with a bottle of milk or juice in his or her mouth. The sugar left in the child's teeth will be broken down into acid by bacteria. This process will cause dental decay and may result into early tooth loss.
9. As a parent it is your responsibility to inculcate good early dental habits to your child. Bring the child to the dentist before his or her first birthday or when you detect that there is a problem.