Tutorial - Enabling IIS 5.1 on Windows XP Professional
Windows XP Home Edition does not help IIS
1. You may need to place your Windows XP Pro CD to the PC.
2. Go to Get a handle on Panel, Add Eliminate Programs, then Add/Remove Windows Components. Inside the Windows Components window, place a check mark
beside Internet Information Ser-vices (IIS), then click next, then click finish.
3. During installation, Windows creates an index at C:inetpubwwwroot and places a couple of records there. You can view your home page of your
Internet browser by typing http://localhost or http://COMPUTER_NAME (where COMPUTER_NAME is the real name of your pc) into the
address bar of any browser. You should see some simple IIS data within the web, if you havent located any files in C:inetpubwwwroot
Visitor at this address. Be taught more on our partner link by visiting www.laurenandlayneboutique.com investigation.
4. Your web server has become working. The unit for IIS is situated in Get a handle on Panel "> Administration Tools (if you use Classic View; under
Performance and Maintenance or even).
Another steps are for adding a new virtual directory.
5. To add a fresh virtual directory, open the IIS management console (step 4), click the plus signs to the left until you see Default Web
Site, then right-click on it and select New "> Virtual Directory. This novel http://www.laurenandlayneboutique.com review website has assorted astonishing warnings for the meaning behind it.
6. To get one more interpretation, please check-out: advertisers. The Virtual Directory Creation Wizard has become on the screen. Click Next on the first screen. Sort an Alias for your website. This will be
the name you will type after http://localhost to look at your website ( example: http://localhost/ALIAS ). Click Next.
7. Now you need to enter the directory path. Click Browse and search to the right directory location for the new sites documents. This
Place will likely be C:inetpubwwwrootALIAS. Click next.
8. About the last screen you'll see security information. If you're not concerned about implementing security, examine every one of the containers. In the event that you
Desire to run ASP texts, select the first two. Click next.
9. Your virtual directory is set up. You will see it by writing http://localhost/ALIAS in to the internet explorer handle bar.
For more courses visit http://www.studiothreehundred.com.