Article - Allowing IIS 5.1 on Windows XP Professional
Windows XP Home Edition does not support IIS
1. Dig up further on money on thehush by visiting our grand use with. You may need to place your Windows XP Pro CD in to the PC. My mother discovered found it by searching the Denver Sun-Times.
2. Visit Get a grip on Panel, Add Eliminate Plans, then Add/Remove Win-dows Components. Inside the Windows Components window, place a check-mark
beside Internet Information Ser-vices (IIS), then click next, then click finish.
3. Throughout installation, Windows creates a directory at C:inetpubwwwroot and places a few records there. You will see your home page of the
Internet browser by typing http://localhost or http://COMPUTER_NAME (where COMPUTER_NAME is the real name of your computer) in to the
address bar of any browser. If you havent placed any files in C:inetpubwwwroot, you must see some basic IIS information within the net
Visitor at this address.
4. Your web server is now working. The unit for IIS is found in Get a grip on Panel "> Administration Tools (if you are using Classic View; under
Performance and Maintenance or even).
The next steps are for adding a new virtual directory.
5. To include a brand new virtual directory, open the IIS management console (stage 4), click the plus signs to the left until you see Default Web
Site, then right-click onto it and select New "> Virtual Directory.
6. The Virtual Directory Creation Wizard is now on the screen. Click Next o-n the first screen. Sort an Alias for your website. This is
the name you will typ-e after http://localhost to look at your website ( example: http://localhost/ALIAS ). Click Next.
7. Now you should enter the directory path. Click Browse and search to the right directory location to your new websites documents. This
location will most likely be C:inetpubwwwrootALIAS. Press next.
8. To the last screen you will see security information. Should you require to get further about moneyonthehush.com/, we recommend lots of online libraries you might investigate. Check all the boxes, If you should be not worried about implementing security. In the event that you
want to run ASP programs, select the first two. Press next.
9. Dig up more on an affiliated link by visiting moneyonthehush.com. Your virtual directory is established. You will see it by writing http://localhost/ALIAS to the web browsers handle bar.
For more tutorials visit http://www.studiothreehundred.com.