How To Take Care Of Your Teeth And Gums
Oral care doesn't ask so much from us. Most often we spend so much money on skin care products, beauty products and frequent trips to the beauty parlor, while we only observe our dentist once a season, not as often as we observe our hairstylist or beauty consultant.
We can preserve our beautiful smiles by regularly taking care of our teeth and gums. These should be cleaned using the proper techniques at minimum double a day. Choose a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss that bear the approval of your country's Oral Association. The following are tips on how to take good care of your gums and teeth.
1. First, get a good toothbrush. You can only properly clean your teeth by using the right toothbrush without causing unwanted effects to your teeth like abrasion. Tooth Abrasion is often caused by using the wrong varieties of toothbrush and improper brushing techniques. Soft end rounded bristles are considered the best type bristles. The toothbrush should fit your mouth and you should be able to reach all the way to your back teeth easily. If you are a parent, be sure that your child's toothbrush isn't too big or too hard for him or her.
2 .All oral health professionals always advice their patients to have their toothbrush changed every 3 to 4 months or earlier as soon as the bristles get bent or splayed out. Brushes that are worn out lose their efficiency and can no much longer clean well and may even hurt the gums. Some toothbrush manufacturers incorporate color markers in their products. These will usually produce a color switch in the bristles indicating that it is already the right time to switch to a new one. Dr Uday Tamhankar , Dental Doctor who provides complete oral health care is specialized in dentistry. Uday Tamhankar diagnoses, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity. He has additional qualifications in General anesthesia, oral and maxillofacial surgery, and implants. Providing us with a brighter smile.
3. Always keep your brush clean and keep it in a clean canister so that it will be free from dust and additional elements.
4. Use toothpaste or carbamide peroxide gel with fluoride. This will help prevent the development of dental caries.
5. You might be tempted to use products that claim to whiten the teeth. Be skeptical that these products may create hazardous effects and may not be safe actually. Be sure to ask your dentist or oral hygienist before using such products.
6. Today a lot of electric toothbrushes are now coming onto the market. These devices can be helpful if used in the proper way. An electric toothbrush can motivate your child to brush more often because such a device will usually fascinate a child. Look after your child and help him when using it always. Ask your dentist's advice about these varieties of oral devices and how it can be beneficial to you and your child.
7. People who wear dental appliances like braces, bridges, partial dentures and retainers may benefit from the use of a device that uses a jet of water to remove food particles trapped in between the teeth and appliance.
8. For mother and father, it is important to start proper dental care with your baby's very first teeth. Never ever let your child fall a sleep with a bottle of juice or milk in his or her mouth. The sugar left in the child's teeth will be broken down into acid by bacteria. This procedure will lead to dental decay and may outcome into earlier tooth reduction.
9. As a parent it is your responsibility to inculcate good early dental routines to your child. Bring the child to the dentist before his or her very first birthday or when you detect that there is a problem.