Eemax Electric Tankless Water Heaters
Eemax Electric Tankless Water Heater Features, Specs & Overall Rating: **1/2(average)
- The Eemax U.S. manufactured Electric Tankless Water Heaters started in 1988 with a selection of tankless water heaters for commercial applications. In more recent history, Eemax had expanded to include higher flow rate tankless units for a more wide array of commercial water heating applications, from handwash units, up to much larger demand units, and even whole-house residential water heaters.
Hot Water Output Rating: **(fair)
- How much Hot Water do Eemax Electric Tankless Water Heater put out? Eemax for residential use come in small, point-of-use, hand-washing models, all the way up to whole-house mutiple fixture demand. When the units are sized correctly, the fixture(s) used will put out an endless stream of hot water on demand. The largest units will keep up with two showers simultaneously in warmer climates. Many of these heaters are designed for point-of-use, or commercial applications, the whole-house advantage models should keep up with the hot water demands of a typical residential home.
The whole house models are the HomeAdvantage SS012240T, SS015240TC, SS019240TC, SS023240TC, SS029240T2T & SS038240T2T2.
Efficiency Rating: ***(good)
- With the wide variety of applications to choose from, the Eemax tankless water heaters are very efficient, especially when just the right size heater for the hot water demand is installed. Electric Tankless heaters are nearly 100% efficient; converting all of the electrical energy it consumes into heat. All that heat is then transferred to the water – none is lost to the outdoors like a vented gas combustion water heater.
Eemax Pricing & Installation Cost: ***(good)
- The Eemax SS019240TC Electric Tankless Water Heater runs for around $600 online at the time of this publication. Some of these units may be eligible for the federal energy star tax credit for existing home upgrades of up to $1,500, or 30% of the total costas it meets the Energy Star rating standards.
What are the Installation Costs of an Eemax Electric Tankless Water Heater
- These units have 3/4″ water fittings as per normal hot water heaters, and the electrical must be able to handle 48 to 160 Amps @ 240 volts, depending on which model you have. Unless you already have the electrical components installed in your home, you will have to hire an electrician to install the new dedicated circuit breakers and run the heavy gauge wire to the unit as well as have the plumbing pipes connected. Prices will vary by region and by contractor, but this is not a huge job by any means and should be able to be installed in a single day by experienced contractors.
What are the maintenance costs of a Eemax tankless water heater?
- As with any tankless water heater, the coil must be flushed out regularly with vinegar solution or similar low-grade acid to prevent mineral buildup in the system. Also, once the warranty is expired, it will require a professional service to troubleshoot and repair any parts that might break. Maintenance costs will typically be higher than a tank type water heater, but electrical units are generally cheaper than gas units, and replacement is much cheaper than the original installation since the plumbing and wiring are already in place.
Warranty & Reputation Rating: **(fair)
- The unit comes with a 5 year warranty against leaks, and 1 years parts warranty which is lower than average for an electric tankless heater this size. Eemax has been making tankless water heaters for a long time internationally and have a built a decent reputation.