Weight Loss — How to Succeed
The ultimate goal of weight loss is to eat fewer calories than your body burns each day. Ideally, this is done through a combination of increased physical activity as well as a change in eating habits.
A sound weight loss program is comprised of:
- Reasonable & obtainable weight loss goals.
- Regular physical activity.
- Healthy eating habits.
- A change in daily behaviors to both succeed and maintain goals.
A few important things to keep in mind:
- Talk to your doctor before getting started.
- Calories, nutrition, and portions are all important.
- Fat loss is more important than weight loss.
- Even minor weight loss achievements can provide major health benefits.
- Make lifestyle changes, not temporary changes (diets, etc.).