5 Best Tips For cheap prescription glasses online
1. Up-to-date eyewear prescription is a must-have
Having a prescription by a professional is very important when buying prescription glasses online. Using that prescription, you send the needed information to the online company which finds you the perfect cheap prescription glasses fit for your sight. A standard prescription is valid for 2 years for adults and 1 year for children. If it is outdated, visit the local optician in order to get a new one. There are a few things you should be aware of when buying glasses, which are on your eyewear prescription:
- OD (Oculus Dexter) gives information about your right eye..
- OS (Oculus Sinister) gives information about your left eye..
- Sphere(SPH) shows the amount of lens power which is needed to correct nearsightedness(-) or farsightednes(+)
- ADD(for biofocals) is the added magnifying power which is applied to the bottom part of multifocal lenses in order to correct presbyopia.
- Cylinder(CYL) indicates the amount of lens power for astigmatism
- Axis describes the positioning of the cylindrical power on your lenses.
2. Properly measure your pupillary distance
Pupillary distance or PD is the distance between your pupils. This is very important when buying glasses because in order to find the right glasses for you, the optician has to know your PD. A standard pupillary distance is between 54 and 68mm. Since this is very important if you are buying cheap prescription glasses online, the safe option is to go to your local optical store and have an experienced optician measure it for you. PD means that the optician can set the lense in the centre of the glass, because it has to be perfectly lined with the pupil, otherwise you will not get the full effect.
3. Take your time with picking the frame
One big advantage the online glasses shops have over the local ones, is the huge selection of both glasses and frames. When buying cheap prescription glasses you have to send you PD to the online experts which find the fitting glasses for you. Once you have found the appropriate lense, you have to pick a frame for your glasses. Designers are always working on new shapes of the frames by following the fashion trends. Besides the look of the frame, it is very important that you pick the right size of the frames. One disadvantage of buying glasses online is that you can't try out the glasses until you buy them. This can be a problem because sometimes the glasses just slide down your nose or are simply too tight for your ears.
4. Avoid unnecessary add-ons
Usually in the store you will find a lot of add-ons such as anti-scratch, poly-carbonate lens and so on. This is just made to add up the price of the glasses. I'm not saying this is bad but sometimes it can be really expensive. Rather than buying it right away, check some other stores and maybe you might find the same item but for a lower price.
5. Reward yourself with a nice frame
If you're buying cheap prescription glasses, they will probably last you for a long time so I'd recommend opening your wallet a bit for a more expensive frame since you will be „stuck“ with them for a couple of years.