6 Tips for Article Rewrite from Other Resources
Learning how to article rewrite is an essential writing skill. There are instances when you want to make use of ideas already published on other blogs or websites. In some instances, you want to use the information you find and rewrite it using a simpler language that can be easily understood by your readers. Now if you want to learn of the best ways on how you can accomplish this task without committing plagiarism, then you may want to check out the following for ways that the pros use in rewriting ideas from other sources.
Rewriting a Content
1. Copy the ideas, not the words: The most essential thing that you need to understand in rewriting is that you need to copy the ideas, but not the words. Even though you are rewriting an article, using your own words is important. You need to begin from scratch and ensure that you get only the ideas being conveyed by the original writer. The best thing to do is to read the article several times until you understood it and then begin writing with the notes you have jotted down for reference during writing. Be sure not to look at the original source whenever you are in the process of rewriting because it might tempt you to copy words.
2. Rewrite by paragraph, not by sentence: To prevent you from copying the words of the original passage, do not rewrite the article sentence by sentence. Read the article as a whole and then rewrite it by paragraph. If you are focused on small sections, there is a tendency that you copy the words of the author. In order to avoid copying, you should focus on larger sections to reduce the tendency of copying exact words from the source.
3. Work your way down: When rewriting, you can glance at the original source, especially if there are ideas you forgot. To prevent yourself from constant looking at the source, you can copy and paste the original in your word processor. And then start rewriting without copying the wording of the author. Work your way down to the very last idea you need to include. When done, you can delete the original article from your word processor.
4. Do not be afraid to make changes: In article rewrite, you should not be afraid of it. If you don’t agree with certain points presented by the author, you can choose not to use it in your paper.
5. If you are in doubt, add more: You can search for more content and add it to your article while making sure you’re coming up with an original text.
6. Quotation marks: If there are phrases that you cannot change because they should be retained to emphasize a point, then use quotation marks.
According to LIBGUIDES, there are ways on how to prevent plagiarism, and some of them are below.
· Use your own ideas to be more focused on the task.
· Cite the sources: If you have used the ideas of others, you need to acknowledge them in your paper. You should do it so that your readers can also do further reading if they need to and that you can improve your credibility in writing.
· Cite the author: If you are copying directly from the text, you need to refer to the author to show what you have copied from the original source. By crediting the author, you can also avoid plagiarism, which is one of the things to avoid in writing or rewriting.
· Use your own words: Summarizing, paraphrasing and quoting are ways of incorporating the work of others in your writing.
· Start early: make sure that you give yourself enough time to:
There you have the things you need to remember when rewriting materials from other sources. Take note of these things to ensure that you’re not only coming up with a unique paper but also one that is outstanding. Finally, you should learn how to keep the meaning conveyed by the original author with your own words but not just changing words into their synonyms.