When is it Time to Attend Couples Counseling
Here at Isaiah Counseling & Consulting, we offer effective couples counseling that can help you and your partner to enjoy a closer relationship, renew emotional connections, restore broken trust and much more. However, knowing when you need couples counseling can be hard to determine. The following are a few ways that you can tell that you and your partner could benefit from couples counseling:
• There's a lack of communication - If you're no longer talking to one another in a way that is meaningful, then counseling can be very effective. It can be difficult to get back to the open communication you once had with your partner, which is why getting professional guidance towards doing so can be beneficial.
• There's constant negative communication - If when you are speaking with your partner it tends to be negative in tone or in content, causing feelings of insecurity, judgement, shame or anger, then you'll want to get counseling as soon as possible to get to the root of the problem and to find ways that you can make your communication more positive.
• There's a fear of open communication - If you or your partner no longer feels like they can open up to you about certain topics, whether it's financial matters or emotional matters, then a therapist can help you figure out your issues and help you understand each other better so that more honest communication can be possible again.
• Infidelity has occurred - There are several forms of infidelity, such as sexual infidelity and financial infidelity. Both cause serious trust problems within a relationship. While sexual infidelity tends to be more serious, both require professional counseling so that you can figure out what led to the infidelity and how trust can be regained within the relationship.
• You're living separate lives - If it begins to feel like you’re roommates and not a couple, then it could mean that you're having trouble with communication and intimacy. It's a good idea to get professional counseling if this is the case, since your relationship could start to deteriorate even if there doesn't seem to be a lot of serious issues between you and your partner.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, then you could probably benefit from couples counseling. Be sure to contact us at Isaiah Counseling & Consulting to schedule an appoint online, or give us a call at 704-910-2055 for a free 10-minute phone consultation today.