Keratsini is a huge suburb of Piraeus as well as part of the Athens city facility. The distance from the facility of Athens has to do with 11 km. The area was formerly a farmhouse, however it was highly urbanized, mostly after the 1950s. The main square of Evgenia is decorated by the statue of the Asia Minor, which was set up in memory of the refugees from the Asia Minor Catastrophe resolved in the location. Pavlos Fissa Opportunity is the industrial district of the city with numerous stores.
The Ancient Times
Main Entry: I am
The first settlement of the Municipality was improved the hillside of Agios Georgios Hill at a factor desirable to the possibility of raids as well as visibility at sea. The foundations next to the church of St. George and also the numerous discovers give proof that the first negotiation in the area was https://newspro.gr/ochi-sto-xepoylima-toy-keratsinioy-kai-tis-drapetsonas built around 3000 BC. The name of the area was Thymedata and was neighboring with the piratical negotiation of Heracles, both of which belonged to Old Athens. The negotiation was found on the existing Opportunity of Freedom, which attaches Piraeus, Keratsini and also Perama and the facility of Athens. It is guessed that Theseus constructed his ships there, based upon Plutarch's recommendation to the Parallel Life. The website was abandoned briefly when Xerxes resolved there.
The background of the Town throughout the Roman as well as Byzantine periods is unknown. In the 17th century, on capital of Agios Georgios was built the initial church for Saint Nicholas. The monks of the monastery of Agios Spyridon called the area from Agios Dionysios (old boundaries) http://edition.cnn.com/search/?text=keratsini to the hill of Agios Georgios Agriamen. This name did not prevail. The official name, both in Ottoman and also Greek papers, was Keratsinion or Tseratsinion, with the last being much more prevalent. The first one prevailed in the Modern Greek periods. The name Keratsinion is an intricate word from the Kerathia that sprouted there as well as from the name of the owner of the whole area from capital of Agios Georgios to the Manitica and also from today's burial ground of Anastasios to Drapetsona, called Ginis or Gynis.
During the Greek Change, Georgios Karaiskakis, who developed the fortifications in Tabouria, worked out in Keratsini. In 1827 the city was damaged by Kioutachis Pasha and stayed deserted up until 1830. In 1836 the residents began to resolve once more as well as in 1840 the area (currently called New town of Tseratsini) belonged to the Town of Athens. In 1870 it became an independent area called Keratsini Village. The Piraeus, in honor of Karaiskakis, developed a holy place next to the church of Agios Nikolaos. In 1879 the site was refurbished as well as exchanged an abbey. In 1963, the holy place was ruined as well as a young man was built in 2000. Every year, the "Karaiskakia" is organized by the Holy Church of St. George, wanting to recognize the Revolutionary Hero, George Karaiskakis.
After the arrival of the evacuees from Smyrna on 18 January 1934 the location was changed into a town called the District of Tabouri. Later on it was relabelled to the Community of Agios Georgios Keratsini, and also from 1936 to 1947 the community was called the Town of Amfialis on the initiative of the then mayor, Konstantinos Filandrou. In 1947 the here and now name was developed, the Municipality of Keratsini.
In Keratsini, on 13 October 1944, the Fight of Electric, a conflict between ELAS and also armed employees and also other residents on the one hand and the retreating German conquerors on the various other. The victory of the previous avoided the devastation of the nuclear power plant, which the latter attempted to explode. The devastation of the plant would make it impossible for the basin to be energized for a very long time. There is an event of the Historic Archive of PPC and a memorial to the dead competitors has been set up.